Ir para conteúdo

AutoForum.com.br - Som automotivo e automóveis  - O fórum dos maníacos por som automotivo e automóveis
- Proibido conteúdo impróprio para menores em tópicos públicos: Nudez estrategicamente coberta; Roupas transparentes; Poses obscenas ou provocantes; Close-ups de seios, nádegas ou virilhas; (em cumprimento a normas do Google) Qualquer desvio, denuncie ao moderador.
- Usuários do Hotmail/Outlook/Msn - confira tutorial para receber emails do fórum;
- Qualquer problema em algum post, DENUNCIE ao moderador, utilize o link abaixo de cada post.
- Confira tutorial para enviar fotos. Tão fácil quanto um CTRL+V. 
- Encontro SQFriends - sexta 3/julho/2026 19h~23h - Garagem 55 *****

RobôAutoforum

[SMD]BIG POWER upgrade! 300A Alternator + Titan8 Lithium Battery | Lexus ISF Sound System Rebuild ep.4

Recommended Posts

Postado em

hqdefault.jpg

Finally started the sound system rebuild in my Lexus ISF. The 290A Alternator from Singer Alternators took an extra week to arrive. It accidently got shipped to my old shop which got marked "returned to sender" and shipped back to Ohio. He tore it apart, inspected it for damage and then completely repackaged it again. Talk about customer service! This thing does well over 300A on it's "birthsheet" so it should be a solid foundation for this system. Of course I can't forget the Titan8 battery from XS Power. This is a DIRECT FIT model (the group 34) which is just an inch shorter than the D2400 (stock size). Same footprint. The 3400 actually fits nicer! Although this Direct Fit model is safe for under the hood, I know that my v8 engine is just stuffed into the bay and everything is close by. So I went the extra mile with the heat protection. The heatshield from SecondSkin was carefully wrapped around it, with an 18ga stainless steel box which was also wrapped. I am waiting on 3 more Titan8 batteries for the back which are on back order. As you can see, well you can't tell because I stopped the camera for some of the more frustrating moments, the alternator is a real pain. Especially adding a giant SHCA 2/0 OFC cable to the top of it. With less than zero clearance. I got it done though! Thanks for watching if you did! More coming soon as I progress through the build!

visit: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board - Join our fun, friendly and knowledgeable community today!

Welcome to the tear down and rebuild of my beloved Lexus ISF sound system. If you have been watching this channel for a long time, you might remember this install I did about 14 years ago back in 2012. I had no CNC machines, no lasers. Just hand tools and some ideas. It's been a long time and the system has held up well. These amps used to be my favorite amp of all time and the components in the doors are also probably my all time favorite speakers EVER. I never ever planned on taking this stuff out. I wanted to leave it in forever or until the wheels fell off...but sometimes, you just gotta make some changes. This will not be a fast build. I have a LOT to do and as always can only work on it in between jobs at my shop. We are still extremely busy at SMD HQ2! Check out episode 1 and 2 to get caught up on what I am doing.


So far we have (and subject to change at any moment).

Factory Lexus Headunit
Apple Ipad
Zapco DSP
Zapco HQ Audio Converter
(1) SMD 8500.1D Monoblock (Bass)
(1) 200x4AB - highs (door tweets)
(1) 300x4AB - Mids
(1) SMD 15"v3 Subwoofer
(2) Sets ESB 8000 6.5" Components (front doors)
(1) SMD v3 Proto 15" Sub by Fi Car Audio

290a Singer High Output Alternator
3 XS Power Titan8 Lithium (2 more on the way!)
SecondSkin Damp-Pro sound deadener
SMD VM-1 Volt Meter (2), TM-1 Temp Meter, OM-1 Output Meter
SMD ANL Fuse/Ground Distribution
Skyhigh OFC Power cable

SMD Products can be found at https://www.smdAudio.com , Amazon, Ebay and more!

Visit Fi Car Audio here: https://www.ficaraudio.com

Check out my favorite E-Tailer Sonic Electronix for all of your audio needs here - https://www.sonicelectronix.com

Get Second Skin’s #1 Sound Deadener here https://www.secondskinaudio.com

XS Power batteries https://www.4xspower.com


#subwoofers #audio #bass

View the full article



AutoForum.com.br

O fórum para os maniacos por som automotivo e automóveis

×
×
  • Criar Novo...