Ir para conteúdo

AutoForum.com.br - Som automotivo e automóveis  - O fórum dos maníacos por som automotivo e automóveis
- Proibido conteúdo impróprio para menores em tópicos públicos: Nudez estrategicamente coberta; Roupas transparentes; Poses obscenas ou provocantes; Close-ups de seios, nádegas ou virilhas; (em cumprimento a normas do Google) Qualquer desvio, denuncie ao moderador.
- Usuários do Hotmail/Outlook/Msn - confira tutorial para receber emails do fórum;
- Qualquer problema em algum post, DENUNCIE ao moderador, utilize o link abaixo de cada post.
- Confira tutorial para enviar fotos. Tão fácil quanto um CTRL+V. 
- Campeonato SQ Excperience - Garagem 55 - Móoca - São Paulo/SP - domingo 26/Novembro/2023 *****

Entre para seguir isso  
marcelomoti

[DIY] Caixa meia lua com alumínio e fibra de carbono

http://caraudiomag.com/articles/how-make-carbon-fiber-sub-enclosure

How to Make a Carbon Fiber Sub Enclosure

One Option for a Lightweight Woofer Box

by CAE Staff Community Writer , Oct 15, 2010

When I decided to update the install on my car I wanted to make a carbon fiber sub box to match the all the carbon fiber on the car. I also wanted this box to be as light as possible. I took a piece of 12-inch PVC left over from another project and decided to use that for the box shape. This enclosure is made from 6061 aluminum, carbon fiber, and a little epoxy to hold it all together. —Thom Voisinet

1 & 2. Since I knew the radius of the PVC, the outer size was easy to figure out. I then drew up a few braces using a square, adjustable angle finder, and some Mobile Solutions templates. Once the final MDF brace template is done it can be transferred to aluminum on the router table. I'm lucky enough to work with someone who could transfer my design and CNC it, so they were all perfectly symmetrical.

making_mdf_templates.jpg

Making MDF templates

transfer_aluminum.jpg

Transfer to aluminum

3. For the face of the enclosure I used 1/4-inch 6061 and cut it on the table saw. I cut an angle on each side, as close as possible to the angle the carbon meets it.

cutting_face_enclosure.jpg

Cutting face of enclosure

4. Two holes were rough-cut with a jigsaw for a Polk Audio MM1040 woofer. I then used an MDF template to cut perfect holes on the router table.

cut_holes_jigsaw.jpg

Cut holes with jigsaw

5. A small landing arch (slightly smaller in diameter than the end cap) was glued to the end cap. This provides a spot for the carbon fiber to be glued to the aluminum.

assembling_endcap.jpg

Assembling endcap

6. Squares and clamps were used to ensure the end caps were straight.

clamps_endcap.jpg

Clamps for endcap

7. More clamps and pieces of MDF were used to attach the braces.

attaching_braces.jpg

Attaching braces

8. A 1/2-inch square aluminum rod was glued to the back of the face for a spot to glue the carbon fiber. Duramix panel bonding epoxy was used for all aluminum/aluminum attachments.

glue_aluminum_rod.jpg

Glue aluminum rod

duramix.jpg

Duramix

9. Nineteen-ounce dry carbon fiber weave was taped to the PVC then wet-out with surfboard resin. A second and a third layer of 19-ounce carbon weave were added and wet-out as well.

carbon_fiber_weave_taped_pvc.jpg

Carbon fiber weave taped to PVC

10. Multiple coats of resin were added on top of the third layer of carbon fiber to ensure a flat surface after sanding.

coat_resin.jpg

Coat with resin

11. A dual-action sander and a long board were used to sand the resin as flat as possible.

sand_resin.jpg

Sand resin

12. The carbon fiber popped off the PVC very easily since I waxed the PVC before taping the first layer of weave to it.

remove_carbon_fiber_piece.jpg

Remove carbon fiber piece

13. I rough-cut the carbon fiber with a reciprocating saw, using MDF as a template.

use_reciprocating_saw.jpg

Use reciprocating saw

14. After rough cutting, I fine-tuned the cuts with a dual-action sander using MDF as a template once again.

dual_action_sander.jpg

Dual action sander

15. With the carbon fiber cut to size, I used Duramix universal adhesive to bond the carbon fiber to the aluminum. Ratchet straps were used at all brace points until the epoxy cured.

bond_carbon_fiber_aluminum.jpg

Bond carbon fiber to aluminum

16. The end caps were marked for the mounting braces. I taped two holes in the aluminum for bolting pieces of the old strut tower bar, which then bolts to custom steel plates on the floor of the car.

prepare_endcaps_mounting_braces.jpg

Prepare endcaps for mounting braces

17. To finish the aluminum, I started by sanding out all the deep scratches, then progressively moved up to 3,000-grit before using a polish compound. Spraying water helps to keep the aluminum cool while sanding.

sand_aluminum.jpg

Sand aluminum

18. The aluminum was masked off to protect it from being scratched, and automotive clearcoat was sprayed over the carbon fiber.

clearcoat.jpg

Clearcoat

19. Once cured, the edges of the clearcoat were sanded smooth. The clearcoat was then buffed and the edges of the aluminum were polished.

sand_edges_clearcoat.jpg

Sand edges of clearcoat

20. The MM1040 10-inch woofers fire toward the rear deck of the car. Both the woofers and the box weigh in at less than 50 pounds total.

woofers_in_enclosure.jpg

Woofers in enclosure

21. The carbon fiber and polished aluminum match the carbon throughout the car and aluminum rear triangle brace in the trunk.

trunk_overview_carbon_fiber_enclosure.jpg

Trunk overview with carbon fiber enclosure

back_car.jpg

Back of car

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post
Compartilhar em outros sites

O projeto em si é admiravel, mas eu acho que só pela estética. Desse jeito uma caixa de mdf simples vai render mais.

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post

Ahhh essas ferramentas la em casa.... rsrs

Nem bonito, nem feio... achei diferente...

Mas qto ao rendimento, se comparado a uma caixa quadrada?

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post

eu achei feio pra caramba. pasmafaute

acho q o cara ai quiz inventar moda só pra dizer q o carro dele tem tudo de fibra de carbono o-o-

as vezes algo mais simples fica mais bonito, mas gosto é gosto

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post

Com ctz o som deve ter uma reverberação gigante nessa caixa de alumínio.. Dúvido que de um som macio igual um belo compensado..

Mas isso não tira o mérito não, baita trabalho..

E com as ferramentas certas ajuda um tiquinho né ;D

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post

eu achei feio pra caramba. pasmafaute

acho q o cara ai quiz inventar moda só pra dizer q o carro dele tem tudo de fibra de carbono o-o-

as vezes algo mais simples fica mais bonito, mas gosto é gosto

+1

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post

achei feio, mas morri de inveja das ferramentas do cara.

:+1

Ao vivo talvez seja mais legal....

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post

Num curti o acabamento em carbono que ele utilizou, achei que ficou muito saturado!

Talvez se ele encher de ortofonico a caixa deixe o som mais macio!

Pq amortecimento igual madeira não existe, as de fibra são bem piores, imagina metal!!

No caso dele faria uma caixa em madeira ao fundo colocaria uma chapa de aluminio fechando a frente da caixa e faria uns aros em carbono para fazer os acabamentos do falantes e faria uma moldura em volta da caixa em carbono.

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post

cara que aparato essa oficina ou sei la o que tem hein !!! faz inveja a qualquer um !

sobre o projeto considerei ele ''LEGAL'' pois se trata de uma coisa diferente do que estamos acostumados !

se o rendimento for bom o quanto deu trabalho acho que valeu a pena ! :legal:

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post

Eu nao manjo quase nada de som mais... so nao endenti porque que é arrendondado tem alguma motivo pra isso ? ou foi pq ele acho bonitinho ?! ..

Editado por israel sjc

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post

Interessante... Mas, se tivesse um pouco mais de simplicidade ficaria melhor!

Ficou muito assustador, sei la...

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post

Acredito q a explicação para fazer isso seria o peso,

se fosse de MDF ficaria muito mais pesado.

Pq estéticamente, economicamente e em questão de praticidade na fabricação uma madeira seria muito melhor.

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post

Sei lah... estranho porem diferente.. mas nao boto fé na musicalidade nao..

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post

achei fantastico o visual..so acho que é muito trabalho = / pra tuning...farai sem duvida uma caixa em acrilico!

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post

exatamente, pelo porte do carro.... creio q foi sindrome de " lastro" o cara curte um grave... mas nao pode ter peso extra no carro.... mas pelos detalhes do porta malas... fiquei confuso

ou seja misturou parafernalhas + leves.... o cara curte um tuning porém o mais leve possivel.

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post

sem palavras.... :legal:

Mas tu já respondeu aqui!

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post

Formato muito estranho.

No porta malas tbm ficou feio.

Não gostei.

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post

Crie uma conta ou entre para comentar

Você precisar ser um membro para fazer um comentário

Criar uma conta

Crie uma nova conta em nossa comunidade. É fácil!

Crie uma nova conta

Entrar

Já tem uma conta? Faça o login.

Entrar Agora
Entre para seguir isso  

AutoForum.com.br

O fórum para os maniacos por som automotivo e automóveis

• Criar Novo...